Friday, June 1, 2007

Painting of the Week #4



"Early Spring"
5x7 oil on canvas/masonite

buy this painting on Ebay Sold!

Boy, talk about just making it in under the wire!
I thought a painting each week would be easy, but sometimes life gets a little crazy. Good crazy, but crazy just the same. I don't want to seem redundant, but here in Texas, we have seen more than our fair share of rain this spring. Not that I'm complaining, because come the middle of July and August we will probably be crying for the same. It just seems like its feast or famine. Parts of the country are burning while other parts are trying to keep their heads above water. Too bad we can't cut and past the weather map. I guess that could be dangerous depending on ones agenda!


My painting this week is a small 5x7 oil on canvas, mounted on masonite. I took this photograph, early one foggy, spring morning, close to Lawrence, Kansas. I love to be outside so am naturally drawn to landscapes. I need to do more Plein Air work, but am not in love with the bugs or the elements as neither mix well with oil paint. I plan to drag myself out, kicking and screaming this spring though, if it ever quits raining! Until next week...JB

No comments: