Friday, July 13, 2007

Painting of the Week

"Dutch Treat"

6x8 oil on panel


My painting this week was inspired by a friend who gave me a bunch of tulips that allowed me to setup and photograph this still life. As flowers go, I really love tulips. I even like the stems and leaves. When they bloom in the spring, they make the landscape sing with color. There are not too many other flowers that say spring, just by looking at them. One of these days, I am going to make the long jaunt across the water to Holland and see these growing in mass.

The wooden shoes were picked up on one of my many trips to the local flea market. I always say I'm not going to buy anything, but manage to come home with something. That's like going to the ice cream store on the premise of taking something home to my husband. The old will power just isn't what it used to be. After all, one can never have too many still life objects or ice cream cones! Until next week......JB

No comments: